Inventions, Discoveries & Pioneering Efforts in the Fields of Alternative
Do have a look at this section and please let me ( narsi
at esource dot in) know if you could think of any improvements / refinements
to make this section more useful.
For the latest updates in Alternative Energy , please see all our blog posts
Alternative Energy - Inventions, Research, Innovations,
- Energy Inventions Category of Alternative Energy News – excellent updates news
- Robert Green, an American Inventor, has developed a brand new technology which generates kinetic energy through the conversion of waste heat (as well as many other fuel sources). The Green Steam Engine is piston powered and designed for a wide assortment of practical applications…Read more from Alternative Energy News, Oct 2006
- Methane Hydrates: US DOE Commissions Voyage of Discovery for Vast New Resource – A US Department of Energy commissioned project embarked on a 35-day voyage of discovery that is part of an effort to map a virtually inexhaustible supply of energy - the methane hydrate that may represent up to 200,000 trillion cubic feet of natural gas. The project will aim to understand a potentially huge energy resource trapped in methane hydrate, called the "ice that burns" because it releases a flammable gas when it melts. The resource is found far beneath the surface in waters. Today's recoverable non-hydrate methane resource pales in comparison at an estimated 1,400 Tcf…Read more from this Energy Bulletin article (Mar 2005)
- Where do you get your energy from? Latest on alternative liquid fuels – from Energy Bulletin, Oct 2005
- Energy from Pollution? - Researchers at the Center for Biotechnology at The Biodesign Institute at Arizona State University are developing an amazing new technology which will potentially have the ability to extract electricity from pollution and organic waste products. They hope their biological fuel cells will help slow global warming by cleaning excess carbon dioxide out of the atmosphere. At the same time this new technology would help deal with rising populations and resultant waste/pollution problems. This process would also eliminate the need to use fossil fuels as an energy source. Know more from this Alternative Energy News article
Check out the latest inventions and
breakthroughs in energy & alternative energy, on the following topics @ NewNergy Blog
· Peak Oil
Energy Sources - Main Sections
- Fossil Fuels
- We’d like to regularly add more useful content and web resources to Oilgae.com. Should you know of any good web resource for Biodiesel production from algae, do let us know by sending a note to [narsi]@[esource].[in] (remove [ ] for the email address). Many thanks for your patience.
- All content at Oilgae are available for reproduction and
usage under the GNU Free Documentation License. Please see explanation at
the end of this page for more details.
Add Links/Submit Links: Do you have a web resource that belongs to here? If you have a
web site that you wish to include in this page, do let us know the details by
sending a note about your URL to [narsi]@[esource].[in] to add URL (pl remove
the [ ] to get my email address!). We’ll quickly review the web site, and if
found relevant, add it to the database. Thanks!
Oilgae.com content is available under
GNU Free Documentation License: All content at
Oilgae.com is licensed under the GNU Free Documentation (GFDL). Put simply,
under this license, anyone is free to copy & use any amount of content
@ Oilgae.com, make changes to it and use it in any way they wish, as long
as they also allow the same rights to anyone else for this content and give
credits to Oilgae by giving a link to the specific page/s from where the
content was taken (a mention of Oilgae.com and a brief description about the
site is enough for offline usage). To those who wish to use content from Oilgae.com,
our only request is that they acknowledge the source and provide a link back
to Oilgae.com. Put not so simply, see the Oilgae.com GNU
Free Documentation License .
About Oilgae - Oilgae - Oil & Biodiesel from Algae
has a focus on biodiesel production from algae while also discussing
alternative energy in general. Algae present an exciting possibility as a
feedstock for biodiesel, and when you realise that oil was originally
formed from algae - among others - you think "Hey! Why not oil
again from algae!"
To facilitate exploration of oil production from algae as well as exploration of other alternative energy avenues, Oilgae provides web links, directory, and related resources for algae-based biofuels / biodiesel along with inputs on new inventions, discoveries & breakthroughs in other alternative energy domains such as Solar Wind nuclear, hydro, Geothermal hydrogen & fuel cells, gravitational, geothemal, human-powered, ocean & Wave / tidal energy.