See also: Oilgae Blog Article Directory for a complete listing of all Oilgae blog posts – covering news, research and updates on biodiesel from algae & other plant feedstock, ethanol, and other renewable energy such as wind energy, hydrogen, hydro-energy, tidal/wave energy, geothermal, solar energy & nuclear energy
EU Plans Laws on Energy Efficiency
1. Wasteful television/TV usage settings, energy efficiencies of computers and water heaters are likely to be targetted in a new drive from the European Union aimed at saving 100 billion euros from the EU energy bill.
2. This is likely to impose Europe’s green energy agenda on the suppliers, since all imports into Europe will need to comply with these norms.
3. Europe is looking at a 20% energy saving by 2020.
4. New energy standards will be set for buildings as well.
5. Some of the prominent products targetted will be boilers, computers, washing machines, office lighting & air conditioning.
6. Special attention will be given to stand-loss reduction – the power consuming stand-by modes.
Personalities mentioned: Andris Piebalgs, EU energy commissioner.
Oilgae – Oil & Biodiesel from Algae provides links, directory, web links resources for algae-based biofuels & biodiesel. Intended to be useful for research, information, inputs, news for buyers, sellers, manufacturers, traders, suppliers, producers, exporters / importers of algal oil and algal fuels. Will provide info on biofuel feedstock, algal feedstocks, algae oil and link details on fuel from algae, bio-fuel, bio-diesel, algal oils & bio-fuels production and uses, biofuels trade & market resources, price data, statistics, prices, demand-supply for buyer, seller, manufacturer, trader, supplier, exporter and producer
Share and Enjoy