Price of Algae Centrifuge

Discusses the various methods to harvest micro and macro algae - filtration, centrifugation, flocculation, flotation...

Price of Algae Centrifuge

Postby cacofonix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:11 pm

Many companies in the algae fuel industry are experimenting with using centrifugation for harvesting microalgae. I'd like to have reliable cost estimates for centrifuges for large-scale processing - say about 1 million gallons per hour and more. I tried the Alfa Laval site but was not able to get any price quotations. Are there any companies that have provided indicative price quotes for large scale centrifuges suitables to separate microalgae from water?
cacofonix
Site Admin

Re: Price of Algae Centrifuge

Postby Radix4use » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:17 pm

Although i am not an expert in this field, but since we are using the same method in some wastewater treatment plants, you can contact with one of them or visit sites, there I guess you can find your answer.;)
Radix4use

Re: Price of Algae Centrifuge

Postby Nayeem » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:59 pm

Hello

My company GEA Westfalia Separator are experts in providing centrifuges for harvesting of algal biomass and extraction of oil from different strains of alga. I personally have experience in providing a large system to an Asian client and the centrifuge system is operating well. Please let me know what capacities are you looking for and what are the alga concentration levels in the feed to the centrifuge. Also please mention if it is a marine alga and if yes whether any special MOC's are required. You can send me the data at geawest@vsnl.net. For more information please visit our website. Thank you.
Nayeem

Return to Algae Harvesting