Interesting problems facing Algae based fuel industry?

Interesting problems facing Algae based fuel industry?

Postby DR Johansen » Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:42 am

Greetings All,
I received a PM from a student:
Hello Dr. Johansen:
I am a high school student who is interested in doing a research science project in algae based biofuel. Since I am new to the area, i would like some guidance. Here are few questions I have. I would appreciate if you could let me know your thoughts:
1) What are the top 3-4 problems in this area for reserach as a study project including experimentation, lab work and building necessary equipments? For eg. one area could be how to increase efficiency of algae fuel to the point it can be commercially viable for large scale deployment?
2) Are there any interesting reserach papers/websites you could refer me to for further studies for the above problems?
3) Could you point me to 3-4 good researchers or university professors who I should look up to understand more about this field?
4) Do you know of any science projects/studies done in this area by high school students?
A detailed response would be really appreciated.
Thank you,
-pramad
to which I responded:
Greetings Pramad,
I wish I was more able to answer your questions but the DR is my initials and I am just a moderator on this forum; and while opinionated, I am not truly an expert. What I will do is post your message on the forum and see if anyone can help.
Dana
So, any response for Pramad?
DR Johansen

Return to Algae Fuel Companies and Ventures