Microscopy

Microscopy

Postby zgd » Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:03 am

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone does their own microscopy and if so, what microscope recommendations do you have? Thanks!

-zgd
zgd

Re: Microscopy

Postby kezdodik » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 am

I do not own microscopes but I know that a powerful light microscope can cost thousands. The one we need especially. I am a student and I can bring in samples to look at with an electron microscope. What are you looking for?
kezdodik

Re: Microscopy

Postby duckduck » Tue May 10, 2011 12:35 pm

research with the use of microscopes. Microscopy is the technical field of using microscopes to view samples and objects that cannot be seen with the unaided eye (objects that are not within the resolution range of the normal eye). There are three well-known branches of microscopy, optical, electron, and scanning probe microscopy.Optical and electron microscopy involve the diffraction, reflection, or refraction of electromagnetic radiation/electron beams interacting with the specimen, and the subsequent ollection of this scattered radiation or another signal in order to create an image. This process may be carried out by wide-field irradiation of the sample (for example standard light microscopy and transmission electron microscopy) or by scanning of a fine beam over the sample..Microscopy is a scientific discipline which involves magnifying objects which cannot be seen with the naked eye. The goal of this branch of the sciences is to render these objects visible for study, allowing researchers to learn more about them and how they work. There are a number of different types of microscopy, and innumerable applications for it. Biology in particular relies heavily on microscopy to gather information, and this scientific tool is in daily use all over the world everywhere from high school science labs to the Centers for Disease Control.
duckduck

Return to Algaculture