Algae oil

Algae oil

Postby hbiravi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:54 am

Greetings,
I work with HBI International( www.hbint.com), an international brokerage firm dealing in oleochemicals,glycerine, vegetable oils and biodiesel.

we have received some inquiries from customers about commercially available Algae Oil.
If you are a producer could you please write back to me at ravidesai@hbiindia.com with specification of your product ( in USD per ton)

Thank You

Ravi Desai
Phone : + 91- 22 2624 2442
Fax : + 91- 22 2624 4273
Mobile : + 91- 9820072274
Reply to : ravi@hbiindia.com
hbiravi

Re: Algae oil

Postby cacofonix » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:01 pm

I doubt if any company is producing algae oil on a commercial scale...algae fuels are still in research and pilot stages

Narasimhan Santhanam - Energy Alternatives India
cacofonix
Site Admin

Postby hardpintoo » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:24 am

eaders in Algae Fractionation Technology

Since beginning the Algae Extraction Program in 2007, SRS has established new techniques for fractionation of algae, providing for the highest recovery of lipids for biofuel production, while presenting protein and carbohydrate fractions in separate byproduct streams ready for further processing into feed or other biofuels. The development of the patent pending SRS Algafrac™ technology has provided for a commercially scalable process which extract polar and non-polar lipids, whether contained in the algae vacuoles or membrane bound.
hardpintoo

Postby John.P » Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 pm

I have read many articles about algae fuels creation. But never heard about its making on commercial area. That would be a good step if they are doing it.
John.P

Postby duckduck » Tue May 10, 2011 12:38 pm

The algae with which we are concerned are microscopic plants referred to as green algae found in all aquatic environments, including marine, freshwater and brackish water. Green algae of algae from which the embryophytes (higher plants) emerged. As such, they form a paraphyletic group, variously included among the Plantae or with the Protista. Algae fuel might be an alternative to fossil fuel and uses algae as its source of natural deposits. Several companies and government agencies are funding efforts to reduce capital and operating costs and make algae fuel production commercially viable. production of biofuels from algae does not reduce atmospheric carbon dioxide (CO2), because any CO2 taken out of the atmosphere by the algae is returned when the biofuels are burned. They do however potentially reduce the introduction of new CO2 by displacing fossil hydrocarbon fuels.
duckduck

Return to Oil Yield