Oilgae Comprehensive Report

Algae Oil from Sewage Fuel Chennai Companies

Algae Oil from Sewage Fuel Chennai Companies

Postby cacofonix » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:46 pm

Living in Chennai, India, it was a pleasant surprise for me to find that there were two companies/individuals in my city which were experimenting with fuel from algae, that too using sewage and waste water -

"Dr V. Sivasubramanian, a plant biologist in Chennai, has developed a technology to grow micro algae in waste water, industrial effluents, and salt water in order to produce bio-fuel" - Dr. V. Sivasubramanian, director of the Vivekananda Institute of Algae Technology (VIAT) in Chennai.

V. Ramaswamy, a Chennai based entrepreneur, is busy setting up a pilot plant at Kelambakkam to produce bio fuel. He calls it the modern day bioreactor.

Both Mr Ramaswamy and Dr Sivasubramanian point out that more than replacing the fossil fuel, the bio fuel will revolutionise the rural and tribal areas of the country.

Way to go, folks!

Source
cacofonix
Site Admin

Re: Algae Oil from Sewage Fuel Chennai Companies

Postby guru » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:28 am

Hi,
I read one more important event on algae happened in India. NTPC Ltd - A coal based power plant in Dadri, UP is installed with Algae carbon capture system in dec 2008. May be you can make a visit...
guru

Re:

Postby abhi » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm

hi cocofonix,guru
this is abhi (3rd yr chem engg.).i m new in this forum,and have keen intrest in algae to fuel technique.
i have presented a national level paper on it.but i think i need to research more deep in it.i have read ur posts and u look quite updated so i wish if u can suggest me few companys in india that uses such technology so that i can have a visit or if possible a training.
thnx.
abhi

Return to Algae Fuel Companies and Ventures