Asen Nenov wrote:What you will need to read before starting with a design of a bioreactor is:
1. Physics of fluids (viscosity, velocity, laminar and turbulent flow), light (wavelength, brightness), pressure.
2. Fluid flow mechanics for Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluids.
3. Thermodynamics (basics).
4. Heat transfer through different materials.
5. Mass transfer in different media (gas transfer from sparger to fluid, and from fluid to cell).
6. Light transfer (when interested in PBR).
7. Basic biology of the cell (plant cell, when interested in PBR for algae production).
8. Chemistry (basics).
9. Mathematics (differential equations).
10. Be extremely careful with experimental design, when decided to proof that some PBR works.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest