Oilgae Comprehensive Report

Price of algae presses

All aspects of extraction of oil from algae are discussed

Price of algae presses

Postby cacofonix » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:10 pm

Where can I find legitimate and genuine cost quotations for algae presses of various capacities? I looked around and googled, but somehow most data I got from the web does not seem to be genuine...does anyone have a link or a company name from which I can get precise quotations for algae presses / screw presses, especially for large capacities (Over 200 T per day of algae biomass pressing)?
cacofonix
Site Admin

Re: Price of algae presses

Postby cacofonix » Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:55 pm

Would like to re-open this topic and ask again if anyone knows the prices of presses for small-scale, medium-scale and large-scale algae oil extraction....

I see some numbers at sites such as Alibaba etc., but am not sure if these are reliable
cacofonix
Site Admin

Postby DR Johansen » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Since there is as yet no algae oil industry, I doubt there will be an algae oil press market. Perhaps you need to look to similar presses and price them out. Then the only thing would be the cost of any modifications you would have to make to get the press to work with algae.
DR Johansen

Postby cacofonix » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:01 pm

Thanks DR...well, the funny thing is, somehow I am not able to get reliable price estimates for regular presses, not algae presses...prices are available for small presses, but for large presses that can handle say about 150 T per day and more...nopes...

I have written emails to a few folks, so let's see
cacofonix
Site Admin

Postby DR Johansen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:42 pm

Hmm. REALLY large machinery like that tends to be a specialty item, designed and built specifically for the job. Were I you, I might look to other companies who have bought such presses and ask them. The companies that MAKE them tend to want to charge for the consulting services it you ask them.

Good luck!
DR Johansen

Postby afreeman1984 » Thu May 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Hey I can help you. I'm a fabricator of equipment and a biochemist who specializes in automation and process technologies. PM me and I'll walk you through some options...
afreeman1984

Return to Oil Extraction