A2BE CARBON CAPTURE 1A2BE Carbon Capture is developing bio-secure, scalable, climate adaptive, and highly cost effective technology for producing valuable fuel and food from CO2 using algal photosynthesis and bio-harvesting. The core of this technology is embodied in the published US patent application 20070048848: ?Method, apparatus and system for biodiesel production from algae? as well as a separate mechanical and a PCT patent application.
The A2BE Carbon Capture solution is unique in that it addresses carbon capture and recycle as well as the production of biofuels, animal feed protein, and fertilizer in a single integrated plant.
CO2 can originate from stationary sources such as fossil fuel fired power or heat plants, other types of biofuel plants producing ethanol from starch or cellulose, and CO2 from gasification/Fischer-Tropsch processes such as coal-to-liquids and natural gas-to-liquids.
At the core of the technology is the photo-bioreactor algae growing/harvesting (PBR) machine. Each PBR machine is 350? long and 50? wide consisting of twin 20? wide x 10? deep x 300? long, transparent plastic ?algae water-beds?.
PBR Attributes include the following:
* Each PBR is a closed photo-bioreactor with bio-isolation to prevent cross-contamination.
* Each is piped CO2 and NOx bearing flue gas emissions or pure CO2 plus water and nutrients.
* Each produces pure O2 and a concentrated slurry of biomass through piped manifolds.
* PBR tubes are expendable in case of wearout or culture crash and are simply unrolled over an engineered base.
* Multi-function rollers pump in both directions, re-suspend algae, degas media, and clean internal surfaces.
* Parallel sets of counter-rotating helical currents within the bags photo modulate the light to the algae as they are carried up through the photo-tropic zone.
* Fully enclosed system prevents water evaporation and percolation. Water consumption is only 3? of equivalent rainwater use per year.
* Passive control of temperature extremes is achieved through a thermal radiation-conduction switching membrane within the bioreactor tubes.
* Bio-harvesting aggregates algae cells into larger, more separable, organisms allowing in-situ extraction and continuous production w/o resorting to batch stressing.
* Profitability is enhanced by the production of biofuel, protein, fertilizer, and methane.
* Bio-terrorism protection is afforded through modular redundant array of bio-isolated closed bioreactors.
Thu August 12 2010 03:39:36 PM by Power1921 507 viewsLogin to Post a Comment