; charset=UTF-8" /> Iran’s Qeshm Lauched Biofuel-BAYA® | Oilgae Blog

Comprehensive Algae Fuels Report

A detailed report on all aspects of the algae fuel value chain, the Comprehensive Oilgae Report will be of immense help to those who are on the threshold of investing in algae biofuels. More »

Algae-based Wastewater Treatment

Compiled by a diverse team of experts, with experience in scientific and industrial fields, the Comprehensive Report for Wastewater Treatment Using Algae is the first report that provides in-depth analysis and insights on this important field. It uses innumerable data and information from a wide variety of expert sources and market studies, and distills these inputs and data into intelligence and a roadmap that you can use. More »

Comprehensive Guide for Algae-based Carbon Capture

A Comprehensive Guide for Entrepreneurs and Businesses Who Wish to get a Basic Understanding of the Business Opportunities and Industry Dynamics of the Algae-based CO2. More ››

Comprehensive Report on Attractive Algae Product Opportunities

The report provides an overview of the wide range of non-fuel applications of algae – both current and future prospects. It will provide entrepreneurs with an idea of how to derive more benefits from their algal energy ventures. The report provides detailed case studies, success stories and factoids of companies that have been involved in the algae products venture More »

Comprehensive Castor Oil Report

There is no other comprehensive report available for castor oil anywhere in the world. This is the first of its kind, and currently, the only one. More ››

Bioplastics Market & Strategy Advisor

Bioplastics Market & Strategy Advisor, published by the Bioplastics Guide, is a unique guiding framework for businesses and entrepreneurs to chart a way forward provides a critical analysis of the status, opportunities & trends of the global bioplastics sector. More ››

Algae-Useful Substances





Other Novel Applications

Talk to us

Email: consult@eai.in


Call Narsi 7358263274

займ на карту ночью

Iran’s Qeshm Lauched Biofuel-BAYA®

November 20th, 2014 | No Comments | Posted in Algae-Fuel, Corporates, Product Launches

Iran-based Qeshm Microalgae Biorefinery Co. (QMAB) has launched a biofuel in the name BAYA®. The biofuel is extracted from a species of Nanochloropsis (strain 6016) which is isolated from Persian Gulf.

The company has developed its own process of scaling up cultivation and biofuel production. The strain of algae used in the production of BAYA® contains lipid content ranging from 31% to 68% dry weight.

QMAB’s cultivation takes place through several processes in fields, containing reactor beds, algae inoculation and nutrient source, a CO2 source, circulation pumps, anmicro-algad harvest sumps. Each field contains 300 x 3000 m² reactor beds. Carbon dioxide is drawn from a gas fired power plant and diluted to a concentration of 6% COwith dry air.

30% of the culture is harvested every day and collected at a harvest sump location where it is continuously pumped into a high-pressure homogenizer. From there, the algae are fed through a pipeline system to where lipid extraction takes place. In the high-pressure homogenizer 90% of the lipids from the algae are extracted into the lipid stream (the remaining 10% are trapped in the biomass).

The broken cells then separate into lipid, water, and biomass layers in a gravity clarifier.

From the clarifier, the lipid layer is siphoned off. The remaining water and biomass mixture is partially separated in the clarifier as well. The water separated and recycled for algae cultivation.


Leave a Reply 3202 views, 1 so far today | | posted by

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Hot Algae Products (Click to know more)
Omega 3 Spirulina Astaxanthin Chlorella

Get in Touch

Send us a message to know more on how oilgae.com can help your organization.