Algae thrive for the same reason the plants in your garden thrive. They need a light source available, nutrients to feed on, and water. Without any one of these three present, algae will not be able to grow. In order to control algae in your pond, you will need to control one or all of these factors. We will obviously ignore the water factor, since we do not have a pond at all if we do not have water. That leaves us with light and nutrients as elements we can control.
Not all algae in the aquarium is necessarily 'bad' - a certain amount is inevitable where there is water, light and nutrients. However, some types of algae are certainly a nuisance, if for no other reason than looking unsightly.
The control or prevention of different algae types is primarily about nutrient control, and the amount of light. There are therefore some general guidelines which can be followed to help minimise algae.
- Algae control in the aquarium - Article on types of algae in the aquarium and how to control them
- Algae Control in the Marine Aquarium - There is no simple solution to the problem of controlling excess algae growth, because a variety of factors are involved
- Aquarium Algae ID - algae control is all nutrient control. But one thing has to be clear! It is not the same when it comes to controlling algae in planted and non-planted tanks
- Hair Algae And How To Control It - The hair algae discussed here is also known as filamentous green algae. That is because it grows, if allowed, in large groups with long very thin and flexible ’leaves’. It is a hardy algae and can spread quite alarmingly, causing trouble in a reef aquarium and potentially in a fish only aquarium
- Hair algae control methods - Hair algae tends to bug folks more than others, good nutrients alone often cannot eradicate it. But good nutrients can prevent it from infesting your tank
- Algae Control - Marine Fish is your source for all your Saltwater and Freshwater Aquarium needs in the Atlanta, Ga. Area. From Custom tanks to Dry goods, we have it all
- Algae Control for Aquaria - How to control Algae in REef tanks and Fish only Saltwater Tanks with unique tips
- Saltwater Aquarium Guide -- Algae Nuisance and Control - A simple guide to start and maintain your own Saltwater Aquarium -- Algae Nuisance and Control
- Swimming Pool Algae - Algae problems in swimming pools. Prevention of algae problems and algae growth in pools
- Aqua Chem, Pool Care, Algae - Algae Prevention & Control
- Algae Control for Swimming Pools - Algae Control for Swimming Pools...safe, eco-friendly product developed to help prevent and control unwanted organic growth in spas, fountains and water parks. It works to naturally eliminate it and prevents any future growth by simply removing the phosphate nutrients
- How to Control Algae in Ponds - Article discussing how to control algae in ponds and water gardens
- Algae Control India, Algae Controller, LG Sonic Algae Controller, Water Purification Systems, Water Purifying System - Algae Control India, Algae Controller, LG Sonic Algae Controller,Water Purification Systems, Water Purifying System, Tatva Group
- Natural Algae Control - Does It Work? - Algae can be a friend to the aquarist, either in the sump or even the display aquarium, in the control of nitrates and phosphates. Caulerpa is the type normally used for this purpose. Encrusting calcareous algae is also a welcome addition, as it appears in lovely colours and enhances the display
- Barley Bales: Safe and Natural Algae Control for your Pond - Barley bales provide safe and natural algae control for your pond. Canadian Made. North American Shipping
- Ultrasonic Algae Control Without Chemicals - Algae control. LG Sound is the leading provider of Ultrasonic Algae Control Without Chemicals treatment equipment like the algae controller and LG Sonic for the solution / treatment of algae problems and taste and odor problems, including blue Green algae in small (fish) ponds, swimming pools, cooling towers, Wastewater Treatment plants (WWTP) water drinkwater reservoirs, irrigation reservoirs or tanks. Caroline Lems, board member in LG Sound, gained a lot of experience in the field by marketing the Aquasonic, Poolsonic , Aquatank and Aquanet throughout the world
- Ultra Sonic Algae Control - The ultrasonic algae elimination systems are scientifically designed underwater transducers that emit ultrasonic waves that can destroy algae under certain conditions in a variety of basins
- Ultrasonic Pond Algae Control - The LG Sonic sytems are tuned to zero in and produce frequency waves that are highly targeted to damage the cellular wall of many types of algae. What you’re looking at in the photo sequence below is the condition of a string of algae cells under a microscope
- Ultrasonic Algae Control –This article provides ultrasonic algae control benefits.
Other Related Sections
Energy Portal – Discussed topics such as alternative & renewable energy, peak oil, energy industry inventions & discoveries, and more.
Energy Sources - Main Sections